Cozy up with this warming and nutritious soup recipe! An easy weekday meal, this recipe whips up in only 30 minutes.
Health benefit highlights:
Immune-boosting, due to the high beta-carotene content of pumpkin (which also gives pumpkin its orange colour!)Heart healthy, thanks to the fibre content which can help lower cholesterol levels.
Weight-loss friendly, with only 8 grams of complex carbohydrates per cup of pumpkin!
- 1 small sugar pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes 1/4 cup leek, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole 10-20 sage leaves avocado oil, for roasting
- 4 – 6 cups vegetable stock, depending on desired thickness 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 2 pinches of nutmeg salt and pepper to tasteInstructions1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. Toss squash, leek, garlic and sage in a bowl with avocado oil, salt and pepper. Spread over a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes.
- 3. Put roasted squash, leek and sage into a large saucepan. Add vegetable stock and heat through.
- 4. Blend with an immersion blender until mostly smooth.
- 5. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
Samantha Sama, ND